You can often hear that folk remedies used to treat a particular disease help to get rid of the disease along with medicines. This is not quite true. Folk remedies can be used as an auxiliary method of treatment. We offer several such home-made recipes that we recommend using folk remedies as an effective treatment for the epicondylitis of the elbow joint.
Compresses are divided into cold and warm (warming). Appointed and applied them with appropriate indications. Cold compresses are pieces of ice, covered in a plastic bottle. Such a compress is applied to the site of injury (in our case, the elbow) and wrapped with a towel. When injured in the first few hours, a cold compress is applied regularly every 15–20 minutes. Further, it is necessary to treat the patient only with dry warm warmth. This may be wrapping blanket, blanket, warm woolen socks.
What is pathology
The elbow epicondylitis is a serious inflammation that affects the muscles attached to the bones of the forearm. Gradually, the pathological process may spread further, so it is desirable to begin treatment as soon as possible.
Elbow epicondylitis usually has the following symptoms: severe pain in the affected elbow, as well as a feeling of stiffness when moving. The cause of the development of the disease is trauma, constant excessive load. Especially often the disease occurs in athletes: golfers, tennis players.
The treatment of the epicondylitis of the elbow joint is carried out according to such a plan: to begin with, the pain should be eliminated, the inflammatory process should be removed, the elbows should be restored to normal mobility, and also the maximum amount of rest should be given to it until complete recovery.
Important! It is possible to treat epicondylitis, which develops inside the elbow joint, at home with the use of folk remedies. However, this does not mean that you should not go to the doctor. After all, the patient can not make an accurate diagnosis on their own.
Varieties of the disease
Epicondylitis can be classified as follows:
- Lateral. The cause of its occurrence is prolonged flexion and extension of the elbow. It is more common in people aged 30-50 years. Lateral epicondylitis has the following symptoms: severe pain during movement of the joint, its pathological mobility or substantial stiffness, the presence of inflammation. Treatment of folk remedies in this case involves the use of oil from bay leaf, compresses of decoction of horse sorrel, as well as a bath with sea salt with the addition of pine cones.
- Medial epicondylitis of the elbow joint. This form of pathology arises from the constant functioning of the forearm. The symptoms of this form are almost identical to the previous ones: the inflammatory process, a strong pain syndrome, even with the smallest hand movement.
Even "neglected" problems with joints can be cured at home! Just do not forget to smear it once a day.
In any case, treatment can be made at home. And you can use folk remedies. But before that, you should visit a doctor, who may also add medical drugs to therapy.
What are the contraindications to the use of folk remedies? To eliminate the epicondylitis of the elbow, most often lack of folk remedies. However, they can not always be used. There are such contraindications to their use:
- Warming compresses can not be applied in the period of acute illness.
- If the patient has an allergic reaction to any component in the broth, then it should be excluded from the recipe or completely abandon the tool.
- Caution must also be observed when using alcohol tinctures.
Treatment must be made in compliance with all the rules for the manufacture and use of folk remedies.
If a person has felt the slightest symptoms of an epicondylitis of the elbow joint, he should urgently consult a doctor. Treatment of folk remedies for many diseases of the joints often has a positive effect, so you should consider the most useful recipes that can really help:
- ointment from the roots and leaves comfrey. These parts of the plant are taken in equal proportions. You will need more vegetable oil (you can sunflower) and liquid honey. In a small mortar, rub the roots and leaves of the grass, and you should gradually pour honey and butter into this mixture. This should be done as long as the mixture does not turn into a homogeneous mass. The prepared tool is applied to a clean gauze and applied to the affected area. For greater effect, it is desirable to tie the elbow joint with a warm scarf. Compress will have to keep a day. Treatment with folk remedies does not harm only if all the rules of preparation of the composition are observed,
- blue clay. The powder must be mixed in equal proportions with boiling water. After the temperature of the mixture becomes tolerable for the skin, it must be laid out on a piece of cloth and applied to the elbow. Do not think that too hot compress will be useful and effective. In some cases, it can harm. For good effect, the affected elbow joint should be tied with a scarf. Keeps the compress on the hand to cool completely. It is necessary to carry out the procedure twice a day during the week.
- Pain treatment can be done with laurel oil. For its preparation you need 4 tbsp. l dry raw material is good to break and pour a glass of sunflower oil. The mixture must be insisted for at least a week, after which it is simply rubbed into the sore elbow joint,
- green tea. The treatment of epicondylitis with this folk remedy is carried out in the acute stage, when the pain syndrome is as strong as possible. Green tea should be large leaf. It is necessary to brew a strong drink in the amount of 1 cup. The liquid is filtered, poured into special molds for ice cubes and placed in the freezer. The treatment is very simple: this ice should be applied to the lesion until complete melting,
- epicondylitis can be treated with compresses of horse sorrel tincture. For its preparation it is necessary to fill a one-liter jar with raw materials, which is poured with vodka. It is necessary to insist the mixture for at least a week. To use such a tool is quite simple: you need to soak a piece of cloth in the tincture and attach it to the diseased joint. If the vodka is too high or the patient’s skin is very sensitive, then the composition should be slightly diluted with water,
- The epicondylitis inside the elbow joint can also be treated with salt baths. To do this, pour a tablespoon of sea salt with a liter of water. When the water is slightly warm, lower the elbow into the liquid. The time of the procedure is 30 minutes. It is desirable to wrap a joint after a bath with a warm scarf.
That's all the features of the folk treatment of the elbow epicondylitis. Be healthy!
History of origin and description
The concept of "tennis elbow" in the Western countries is connected with the main reason epicondylitis formation - chronic overload of the entire forearm. Frequent cyclical repetitions of the same movements negatively affect the state of rubbing tendons, bones and periosteum. With the development of the disease, degeneration of certain parts of the radial bone occurs. This threatens to cause styloiditis, chronic pain during movement of the joints.
The general course and development of the disease are mild. The disease is directly related to the degree of wear of the forearms and develops to 40−60 years. First, an epicondylitis is formed on the dominant hand, if a person works with both hands equally, his development on both hands is possible.
Causes of development
Most often, this disease is formed in those who often have to repeat the same action with the forearm. Writers, pianists, drivers and tennis players are at risk. For these categories of people, the problem of a sick elbow is inevitable and manifests itself by the age of 40.
The cause is excessive wear of the tissues and their poor healing. Depreciation accumulates over time. The degree and intensity of damage play a large role compared with the duration. Sharp jerks and stretchings lead to the majority of epicondylitis. Repetition of the same exercises in sports also leads to problems.
Symptoms of the disease
Manifestations of the disease is easy to notice at any stage of development. The reasons for the development of pain and discomfort are not so much. You need to go to the hospital with the development of the following symptoms:
- Pain in the outer part of the elbow joint (lateral epicondylitis).
- Softening muscle tissue and epithelium in the lateral version.
- Pain when grasping and circular movements of the hand, especially when extending the palms and axial twisting of the hand. There are also when lifting weights.
Among the symptoms associated with the disease, we can highlight the aching and spreading pain in the elbow, the forearm and hand, pain during axial rotation of the hand, weakness in the forearms, discomfort during shaking and grasping, lack of strength to lift light objects.
Diagnosing the elbow epicondylitis
The diagnosis is made after examination by a traumatologist or therapist. The doctor conducts a series of clinical tests, creating pressure on the elbow and muscles of the forearm, forcing the patient to make different movements with the elbow, forearm and hand. An example of a diagnostic process is a simple exercise: with full extension of the elbow there are soft areas. Also, the patient complains of pain when working with a brush.
Radiography of the elbow allows you to more accurately assess the nature of the disease. Pathology can develop as a result of a serious injury, sprain or fracture. Even severe contusion can develop into epicondylitis. Detection of irregularities and characteristic changes in the tissues is possible not only with the help of X-rays, but also MRI, but magnetic resonance imaging is rarely used because of its high cost.
The main methods of treatment
Ulnar epicondylitis, treatment of folk remedies which is individual in nature, responds well to therapy. Effective recipes:
- Elbow Tennis Player. This lateral form of the disease is characterized by pain when bending, develops by limiting the mobility of the elbow and inflammatory processes. For the treatment of epicondylitis folk remedies used bay leaf and horse sorrel. Reduction of inflammation is carried out with the help of baths with sea salt, an infusion of pine cones or propolis solution is used.
- Golfer's elbow. Medal form. Accompanied by strong pain during small movements, almost all movements of the forearm, elbow or hand cause discomfort. Pain can be removed by applying a compress with infusion of birch leaves and Kalanchoe. You can add clay or mud.
If patient elbow lateral epicondylitisshould stick to simple tips:
- Do not chill your elbow. The narrowing of the skin pores leads to increased pain. After being in the cold, your elbow and joints will ache more than usual.
- Take warm baths instead of a shower, it helps to relax and reduce the intensity of pain.
- Do not drink coffee and strong tea. These drinks increase the sensitivity of nerves, soft tissues and adversely affect health.
Recipes of traditional medicine
Recipes can be divided into intended to reduce pain in arthrosis, in muscles and to control inflammatory processes. It is possible to treat epicondylitis with folk remedies at home, but you should first consult a doctor.
Effective recipes to reduce pain in the joints and bones:
- Oat compress Boil a small amount of oatmeal (for 200−250 g of water enough 30−40 g of flakes). In a thick broth moisten the compress and apply it on the elbow. After half an hour, the pain should go away.
- Soothing ointment of herbs. Take 1 tsp. sweet clover, St. John's wort, hop and coltsfoot. Crush into a fine powder and mix with 50−60 g of vaseline. The ointment can be used immediately after production. Apply to the elbow with a thin layer, covered with a towel to warm for 30-40 minutes. This ointment can cure any aching pain in the muscles.
- Herbal infusion. The leaves and stems of the usual wild rosemary mixed with a small amount of a mixture of clover, thyme, burdock, hop and juniper berries. Pour the mixture with cold water and let it stand for 10−12 days in a place protected from sunlight. Strain and apply for rubbing.
- Infusion on nuts. Chestnuts, walnuts and their flowers are used. Raw materials pour 40% alcohol solution and insist 14−16 days. Use for warming rubbing.
To reduce muscle pain:
- Gum turpentine. A mixture of 1 part turpentine, 1 part apple cider vinegar and 5 parts whole egg. For aching muscle pain or after injury, a compress can be applied to alleviate the condition.
- Compress of cabbage and propolis. The usual cabbage leaf is slightly scratched with a fork so that the juice starts to stand out. Place the sheet on a flat surface and roll it out with a regular rolling pin. After that, take a solution of propolis and apply a thin layer on the elbow, wrap a cabbage leaf, wrap a film, warm with a towel and leave for a few hours.
- Take a canvas bag with coarse salt, heat on the battery or in the oven (you can even in the microwave). Impose on the sore spot. After warming, go to bed.
- Paraffin mask. Melt the paraffin candle and apply with a thin brush on the elbow in 2−3 layers. Wrap this place with a thin film and a blanket, hold for 30-40 minutes.
Heat can treat almost all joint problems.
Control of the inflammatory process:
- Ointment of comfrey. Animal fat or petroleum jelly is blended with comfrey puree in a blender. Apply ointment in small portions regularly. This will help reduce the intensity of inflammation.
- Tincture on pine cones. Mix propolis and sea salt in water, put the cones in it and press it down with a load so that they do not float. Insist a week. Use infusion to reduce inflammation in the elbow.
- Onion wrap. Wrap a large onion in foil with the husks and bake in a hot oven until softened, knead, and add fat or petroleum jelly to obtain a thick ointment. Wrap the mass in cheesecloth and apply to the elbow for 20-30 minutes several times during the day.
- Echinacea tincture. Flowers pour 200 g of medical alcohol, insist for a week, dilute it to 40−50% and apply for warming compresses. Apply for 2−3 hours a day, you can leave for the night.
Folk remedies can and should be combined with each other for maximum effect. For the treatment of epicondylitis of the elbow joint with folk remedies it is necessary to use anesthetics and anti-inflammatory infusions for complex treatment. Use folk remedies with physiotherapy and medications. Do not forget about the power of heat.
Before you begin to treat the disease, you should determine the type of epicondylitis, which occurs in 2 forms: external (lateral) and internal (medial).
The development of external epicondylitis (a symptom of "tennis elbow") occurs most frequently in male patients over 40 years of age and is accompanied by an inflammatory process on the outside of the joint. Extremely rarely, inflammation of the tendons, providing the function of flexion and extension of the hand, is marked by internal epicondylitis. It is important to consider that two types of this disease do not occur simultaneously.
The main symptoms of epicondylitis are expressed by the following manifestations:
- the presence of pain in the elbow,
- hyperemia and edema of the inflamed area,
- acute pain when touching the lateral epicondyle of the elbow area,
- muscle weakness
- difficulty doing normal hand movements,
- inability to rotate by hand.
If you experience such symptoms, you should seek professional medical advice and only then proceed to therapeutic measures. However, it should be borne in mind that at the initial stage of development, folk remedies for the treatment of epicondylitis are quite effective.
General treatment tactics
The treatment of epicondylitis is selected individually, depending on the general condition of the patient, professional activity, as well as the nature of the pain syndrome.
The main objectives of traditional therapy are:
- elimination of pain
- restoration of joint movement,
- normalization of the blood circulation process and metabolic processes,
- prevention of secondary lesions in the area of the joint.
Ensuring the functional rest of the affected limb with the help of devices such as a tight elastic bandage, an orthosis on the elbow joint, and a special bandage is of great importance. To enhance the efficiency, immobilization should be maintained for 10 days, after which a gradual transition to metered exercise and complex physical therapy is recommended.
Compress with green tea
To prepare a cold compress from green tea you need 1 tsp. green tea and 1 cup boiling water. Fill the leaves with water, close the lid and leave to cool. The resulting decoction (you can not filter) pour into a plastic bottle or pour ice molds and place in the freezer.
2. Bay oil
As a grind, you can use a mixture of 200 ml of sunflower oil and 4 tbsp. spoons of ground bay leaf. Next, the mixture is removed in a warm, dark place for 1 week, so that the laurel will give all his beneficial qualities to the oil. In the future, the prepared mixture is rubbed on the painful area daily, until the desired result is obtained.
Horse sorrel compress
If the doctor recommends the treatment of epicondylitis folk remedies, we recommend using this recipe.
Ingredients: horse sorrel roots, 0.5 liters of vodka, dry liter jar. Preparation: Fill the jar with sorrel roots, fill it with vodka to the brim, and then tightly close the lid. Put to insist in a dark place for 10 days. When wetting gauze with infusion, apply to the sore joint at night, after wrapping it with a warm blanket.
Recipe 1. Horse sorrel compress
To make a compress, you need to take a liter jar and fill it to the brim with grass. Pour it with a bottle of vodka and put it in a place inaccessible to light. After 10 days, the tincture must be obtained. Soak a cloth in the resulting liquid and apply it to the affected area during the night's sleep.
Recipe 2. Rubbing laurel oil
If you can not get the finished tool, you can do it yourself. To do this, take a glass of sunflower oil and add 4 tablespoons of crushed bay leaf to it. After the mixture is thoroughly mixed and removed for 7 days in a dark and warm place, so that the leaves give their beneficial properties. After the specified time, oil tincture to get and rub every day in the elbow joint.
Recipe 3. Cold green tea compress
In order to reduce pain and reduce inflammation, you can use green tea. You need to take one spoonful of large-leaf tea, pour a glass of boiling water and insist to cool completely. Then the tea must be filtered, and the resulting liquid is poured into plastic bags and put into the freezer.
When the liquid hardens, it must be removed from the bag and applied to the sore spot. You can fix it with a bandage or other tissue dressing. When the ice has melted, the procedure can be repeated. To reduce swelling and relieve inflammation, the compress should be done for 3-4 days.
Recipe 4. Warm Blue Clay Wrap
Since this method involves exposure to the affected joint with heat, the procedure should be carried out when the acute phase of the disease has passed. You need to take the same amount of blue clay and boiling water. Mix is important until smooth. When the mixture has cooled slightly, but will still remain hot, you need to lay it out on gauze, folded in two layers. This impregnated length should be wrapped around the patient's elbow, and further insulated from above with the help of any wool product.
Clay should be kept until it gives up its heat. Then warming up should be repeated. During the day, you should do three procedures for two wraps. The course of treatment is 7 days.
Recipe 5. Ointment from bacon and comfrey
A piece of fat weighing 200 grams must be melted in a water bath, and then strain the resulting fat. It will be used as a basis for ointment. Comfrey need to take about 100 grams (using only fresh roots of the plant), mince and mix with cold grease. Stir until the mixture thickens. When this happens, you need to put it in a glass jar, cover and clean for a couple of days in the refrigerator. Before use, a small amount of the mixture is heated and thick liquid is soaked with the resulting liquid. She turns a sore elbow, a layer of paper is applied on top, and then additionally warmed with a woolen scarf. When two hours have passed, the compress can be removed. There is no time limit for this procedure. The ointment can be used until the pain has passed and the inflammation has subsided.
Recipe 5. Oil compress with comfrey and beeswax
For the preparation of this tool will need fresh leaves and roots of the plant. Then you should take any oil: either olive or sunflower oil and warm it. While the oil is not boiling, crushed plant parts are added to it. When the mixture is evenly mixed, you need to turn off the heat and, having covered the dishes with a thick cloth, leave to cool. At this time, you can do wax. It can be crumbled in several ways, either with the use of a combine or a meat grinder.
If neither one nor the other is at hand, then you can use an ordinary knife. While the oil is not completely cooled, beeswax is added to it and also mixed thoroughly. Then you need to remove the mixture in the refrigerator and after a day you can begin to use. When there is no time, you can not apply a compress, but simply warm up the oil in your hand and rub it into the sore spot.
Recipe 6. Compress of garlic juice
Garlic or need to grate on a fine grater, or skip through a press. From the resulting slurry, you must squeeze the juice and mix it with an equal amount of olive oil. The skin of the elbow joint must first be lubricated with a thick cream, then soaked with gauze in the resulting garlic oil mixture and applied to the sore spot. With such a bandage should spend at least half an hour. The procedure is repeated every day for two weeks.
Recipe 7. Trays with birch leaves
This procedure helps to relieve not only pain, but also inflammation. To prepare the bath, you need to collect young birch leaves, fill them with water and boil for 5 minutes. Optionally, you can add to the resulting broth sea salt. After removing from the heat, the liquid must be drained, but the leaves should not be thrown away. Having poured the decoction into a convenient container, you need to wait for a tolerable temperature and put an elbow in it. The procedure should be carried out until such time as the water does not become room temperature. The remaining birch leaves can be used as a compress, wrapping their elbows for a night rest.
Recipe 8. Ointment on the basis of oil and wine alcohol
When preparing this recipe, you need to be careful not to get burned during the evaporation of alcohol. For a base ointment, you need to take any butter, but it is important that it is not salty. It should be placed in a pot with a thick bottom and light the fire. When the oil boils, you need to remove the film that appears and immediately pour 100 grams of wine alcohol there. The mixture is ignited. When the composition burns out and the oil cools, it can be used. To do this, lubricate sore spots twice a day. At night, it is better to additionally warm the elbow. The procedure must be done for 30 days.
Other folk remedies for epicondylitis
Finely chopped leaves and roots of fresh or dried comfrey mixed in a ratio of 1: 1. Mix in deep glassware melted honey and sunflower oil. The amount of this mixture should be equal to the amount of grated comfrey. Gradually add comfrey in honey and butter, stirring the mixture until a homogeneous mass. You should get a uniform mixture of color similar to a paste. Soak a piece of cloth with the received ointment and wrap its sore joint, wrap it on top with something warm. Keep such a compress for a day, then replace with a fresh one. Ointment stored in the refrigerator.
Fill a 1-liter jar with horse sorrel root, add 0.5 liters of vodka and leave for 10 days. From the resulting tincture make a gauze compress on the affected place at night.
Rub laurel oil into the sore spot. To prepare it, take 4 tables. spoons of crushed laurel leaf and 200 gr. vegetable oil, mix well and put in a warm place for 7 days.
A teaspoon of large leaf green tea pour 200 ml boiling water and infuse for 20 minutes. Then cool, strain, pour into durable cellophane bags and put in the freezer. The resulting ice is tied to the sore joint.
Dilute the blue clay with hot water in a ratio of 1: 1, put on a gauze bandage and tie it to the elbow, securing it with an elastic bandage and warming. After 30 minutes, replace the compress with a new one. Repeat 3 times a day (by the hour), the course of treatment is 30 days.
Take in equal proportions the flowers of chamomile and black elderberry, pour over boiling water and attach to the sore joint for 2 hours. Repeat the procedure every other day for a month.
Pour 2 table. spoons of geranium herb 400 ml of cold water and infuse overnight. Moisten the resulting infusion cloth and impose on the sore spot.
Heat 0.5 cups of milk to 60 ° C and dissolve 1 tea in it. spoon of propolis. Dampen a napkin in the resulting composition and apply on the sore joint for 2 hours. To make such compresses 2 times a day for 3 weeks.
Cut a fresh onion into 2 parts, in the middle of each half drop 2 drops of pine tar and attach both halves to the sore joint in the area of the epicondyle. Fix with a bandage and leave for 30 minutes. To do daily, 2 times a day to relieve symptoms.
Education: A diploma in medicine and treatment was obtained at the NI Pirogov University (2005 and 2006). Advanced training at the Department of Phytotherapy at the Moscow University of Peoples' Friendship (2008).
9 best bedtime foods
What foods other than omega-3 are good for the heart and protect against stroke?
Epicondylitis is a lesion of tissues in the area of the elbow joint that is inflammatory and degenerative. The disease begins to develop in the places of attachment of the tendons of the forearm to the epicondyles of the humerus, on the outer or inner surface of the joint. Its main cause is chronic overload.
Shoulder epicondylitis is a degenerative-inflammatory lesion of tissues in the shoulder joint area: epicondyles and tendons attached to them. The humerus have at their ends the so-called condyles - bone thickenings, on the surface of which there are other protrusions - namyshchelki, used to attach the muscles.
Compress need garlic juice. For this, slices of garlic are rubbed on a fine grater or squeezed through a garlic pot. Collect the gruel of garlic in cheesecloth and squeeze the juice. Mix the juice with olive oil in a 1: 1 ratio. Saturate the gauze with the mixture and put it on the elbow, bandaging it. Remove compress after 20-30 minutes.
Ointments and wraps
The use of various ointments and wraps is aimed at reducing pain, swelling and inflammation, and also helps to cure the disease in a shorter time. They are prepared quite simply from the available ingredients, but at the same time have a good effect not only for epicondylitis, but also for arthritis of any etiology.
We offer one of the simple and effective ointment based on mummy. Take 100 g of natural liquid honey and dissolve in it 5 g of mummy. The resulting mixture lubricate the damaged joint several times a day.
This is the easiest recipe. Collect fresh young nettle leaves, pour boiling water over them to soften. Rub leaves a sore elbow. Such rubbing is contraindicated in the event of an allergic reaction.
If you experience the first symptoms of allergy, you should immediately stop the procedure, wash the prepared solution and seek medical help.
Very effective tool to create a warm compress. Warm clay cooling gives off heat gradually, warming the deep tissues of the elbow joint.
We knead blue clay in deep dishes, gradually adding boiling water in a thin stream. We bring the clay to a state of clay, let it cool to an acceptable temperature and stick around the entire joint, wrap it with a warm scarf on top.
First, prepare the basis for the ointment. 200 g of fat need to melt in a water bath and strain. Cooked fat is the basis. 100 g of fresh comfrey roots are ground in a meat grinder and begin to mix with warm fat until the mixture cools down. The ointment is ready, it should be stored in the refrigerator.
Before the procedure, a small amount of ointment should be heated, soak it with a clean cloth, apply it on the elbow. This is followed by layers of compress: compress paper / cellophane, wool. Fix the compress with a bandage and insulate. The dressing can be left for the whole day.
Wine alcohol ointment
This ointment can be prepared at home, only need to be careful when firing alcohol. Half a pack of butter put in a water bath, wait until it is completely dissolved. When the oil boils, turn off the heat and add 100 g of wine alcohol to the pan and ignite the mixture.
Cool the prepared mixture and the ointment is ready. Keep it in the refrigerator. To smear the elbow with the prepared mixture should be 2-3 times a day, warming it. The ointment is intended for external use only.
Baths with the addition of birch leaves
Since ancient times, traditional medicine has used birch leaves as an anti-inflammatory agent in the treatment of various diseases. Pour a small amount of young birch leaves (1 cup) with water and boil on low heat for 5 minutes. While the leaves are boiling, prepare a convenient ceramic or plastic dish. Pour the prepared broth into the cooked container, cool to a pleasant warm temperature and put your hand in there so that the elbow joint is completely submerged in water.
The procedure lasts until cooling.The broth is suitable for reuse, it will only be heated to the desired temperature. This bath can be used 3-4 times a day.
It should be noted that in case of injury of the joint, accompanied by damage to the skin, the wound should be treated with hydrogen peroxide. The use of traditional medicine is possible only after complete regeneration of the skin.
7. Beeswax Compresses
In order to prepare a remedy, it is necessary to mix the crushed leaves and comfrey roots with pre-heated olive or vegetable oil over a fire. Next, powdered beeswax is added, and the mixture is left for several hours until it cools completely. Compress is best applied overnight, and the finished mass should be stored in the refrigerator. In the absence of time, you can warm the oil slightly and just rub it into the elbow area for 5 minutes.
Contraindications to the use of popular recipes
For the effective treatment of epicondylitis, as a rule, there are enough folk remedies, however, there are a number of contraindications that preclude their use:
- in the acute period it is impossible to use warming compresses,
- Consideration should be given to the patient’s susceptibility to the development of allergic reactions, especially to angioedema,
- special care should be taken while using alcohol-containing drugs.
Epicondylitis responds well to early stages of development. Folk remedies that are used in this case are distinguished by their ease of use, the absence of adverse events and high efficiency. However, it should be borne in mind that in all cases it is necessary to consult with your doctor.
With timely and correct diagnosis of epicondylitis, the duration of treatment is no more than 3-4 weeks, and the pain is relieved after 3-4 days. If untreated, such complications as immobilization of the elbow joint, complete or partial muscle atrophy, and the occurrence of chronic pain are possible. The help of an experienced specialist can significantly reduce the rehabilitation period and in most cases to achieve complete recovery of the patient without losing the functionality of the elbow joint.